We’re pretty proud of our design skills here at Domain by Plunkett, but we’re aware that you can’t please all the people all the time, right? It’s why we make sure all our value-packed homes are flexible and all our floorplans are adaptable. We even offer you a free design consultation so you can make the changes you need to make.
Take the Avalon, for example.
Dave Clynk, our design manager, describes the Avalon as a “flexible, cost-effective gem of a home” that you can easily alter if you need to.
One of our many simple-but-smart designs, the Avalon is well within many building budgets, too.
Here are 6 reasons we think this home is a great starting point if you’re looking for an affordable design you can easily make your own.
1. The central ‘spine’ that runs through the core of the home means that during the design phase, your Domain by Plunkett consultant can effectively ‘slide’ either of the two sides of the home up or down. Voila! Now you can easily add rooms or make rooms bigger. It’s a neat idea that allows you to make cost-effective changes to suit your specific needs.
2. The floorplan includes all the spaces a growing family might want, including a large free-form living area, central kitchen and scullery, home theatre, alfresco, rear master suite and well-zoned kids’ wing to the front. All you need to do is decide whether you need more – or less – of anything.
3. The elevation – with its rendered walls and contrasting blade wall – has been designed to drop easily into most, if not all, new estates, but there’s still plenty of scope to add your own personality and finishing touches, from restoration red brick to timber-look feature tiles.
4. The Avalon is part of a range of adaptable designs that allows you to easily interchange several of the components. If you prefer the kitchen or master suite layout from one of the other plans, for example, you can easily swap it over.
5. The kitchen leads into a generous scullery, which flows on through to the laundry. Many buyers have no changes to make here as they like having these key areas together. Simply choose your colours and materials to suit your style.
6. The rear master suite leads out through double sliding doors to a private outdoor area, inviting you to have fun with resort-inspired styling. There’s a sizeable ensuite with double vanities and a good-sized shower to help you capture that holiday vibe, whether your inspiration is a comfy beach house or a tropical villa.
The Avalon has been designed to suit a 13m-wide block. The floorplan delivers 223sqm of accommodation ready for you to customise according to your needs, your block and your budget.