We’ve had so many requests from people looking for Hamptons on a smaller block and with a smaller budget we knew we needed a display that fitted the bill.
Our design manager Dave Clynk summed it up when he said: “Just because we’re stretching the budget as far as possible to offer a big home with a quality specification, doesn’t mean we can’t finish it to a style inspired by the Hamptons.”
We’re pretty sure you’ll agree that what we’ve come up with is an immediate crowd pleaser.
With its pretty white-on-white elevation and big front porch, this little beauty captures the elegant holiday vibe that wealthy New Yorkers seek out in the summer.
It’s the first time we’ve presented a Hamptons-inspired design and judging by the level of demand for this elegant look, the Cambridge is set to be a huge hit.
Using our standard specification – not to mention more than 100 years of Plunkett building experience – we’ve come up with a beautiful finish and a great floor plan, all while keeping costs down.
Here are 7 reasons why we love the Cambridge:
1. Priced from $214,850, it’s a three-bedroom, two-bathroom design with a theatre room, study, larder-style pantry and alfresco. It all adds up to 261sqm of accommodation tailor-made for a 12.5m-wide block.
2. The Hamptons-inspired detailing includes feature cornice, glazing bars, skirting boards and Shaker-style kitchen cabinets, all set off with a Hamptons-style colour palette.
3. The front elevation teams rendered walls in crisp white with mouldings to the pillars, a classically styled garage door, a generous front porch and an oversized roof gable trimmed with weatherboards. Perfect for suburbs old and new.
4. With the minor bedrooms at the front of the home and the master suite tucked behind the study, there’s good separation between living areas and sleeping quarters.
5. The study is big enough for a built-in desk with two computer stations.
6. The kitchen and the living and dining area stretch across the back of the house, ideal for indoor/outdoor living.
7. The traditional U-shaped kitchen design features wide stainless steel appliances, shelves at the end of the benchtop, a breakfast bar and space for a family-sized fridge/freezer.